We make every effort to give the best service possible to everyone who attends our practice. The NHS Feedback and Complaints Procedure suggests you to offer feedback in the first instance and if it is not resolved then to make a complaint. You can leave feedback via this link (click here) initially (do not leave a complaint here).
You can complain by any of the following methods:
- Email. Fill out this form (click here) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Written Letter. Please address your letter to the Complaints Officer.
- Verbally. Contact the surgery and ask to speak with the Assistant Practice Manager in the first instance.
- Filling out one of our complaint forms found at our reception at the practice.
We aim to acknowledge a complaint within 3 working days prior to commencing any necessary investigations.
The Health Service Ombudsman
The Health Service Ombudsman has published a booklet that describes the ‘six principles for remedy’ in relation to complaints handling and involves:
- Getting it right
- Being customer focused
- Being open and accountable
- Acting fairly and proportionately
- Putting things right
- Seeking continuous improvements
If you remain unhappy after everything has been done to try to resolve your concern or complaint you have the can approach the Ombudsman.
Tel: 0345 015 4033, or write to: Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP. Their website is: www.ombudsman.org.uk